Taitus Applications for Copernicus (GMES)
Coverage / Planning Tool
The CPT, or Coverage & Planning Tool, is a coverage analysis and planning tool for monitoring and planning of Copernicus datasets.
The dataset planning operations are performed without directly involving the CCMs (Copernicus Contributing Missions). To accomplish these tasks the CPT :
- imports dataset definitions from the SPDM (Service Project Dataset Managment)
- creates ad-hoc areas of interest (directly in the tool or by importing an area in the most common geographical formats)
- uses locally managed information on CCMs capabilities and constraints
- creates a conflict-free coverage plan of a dataset by taking into account constraints like duty cycle or incompatible sensor modes.
The datasets coverage monitoring activity are based on the retrieval of relevant information from the CCMs and the CDS-CI (Coordinated Data Access System Core Infrastructure) to analyse the coverage of the datasets imported from the SPDM. To this end the CPT :
- collects optical reports from the CDS (Coordinated Data Access System) repository and coverage reports from the CCMs to generate coverage information
- exports CDS coverage reports per mission and cumulative, separately per dataset and per subdataset
- exports coverage status reports for advertising purposes.
GMES Emergency Satellite Tasking
The GEST, or GMES Emergency Satellite Tasking, is a standalone application for generating emergency acquisition plans for GMES satellites.
Emergencies are situations of natural disaster (Earthquakes, Floods, Storms, etc.) requiring very fast planning and delivery of satellite data.
In response to emergency events, the GEST team coordinates the collection of required EO data within stringent timeliness requirements. For each emergency activation, the first mission that answers the users’ requirements, to overlook the damaged area, is identified and rush data procurement is organised.
The following information is required to create a planning scenario:
- An area of interest
- Satellite and sensor selection
- Start and end date and times
Once the scenario information has been input, the GEST will compute the scenario swath information and display the results in the Map, Gantt and Report views.